Google Workspace by Google Cloud is your go-to solution for productivity tools. Get more done with seamless collaboration tools, a simple management interface, and enterprise-level security and reliability. Easily add users, manage devices and configure security and settings so your data stays safe.
Centralized administration makes set up and management fast and easy. But access to Google Workspace Administration controls is not commonly available for practice, so in this lab you are provided with an organization “GSuite Labs” and a temporary Google Workspace domain to work in. In the following exercises, you will learn how to personalize your Google Workspace Admin console to suit your needs. You will make some basic modifications to the Admin Console, and then modify the company profile. After, you will provision users both individually and in a batch upload using a
In this Lab you will learn:
In this lab, you will customize a Google Workspace Admin Console by:
- Changing your organization’s name
- Entering the correct primary and secondary administrator emails
- Selecting a default time zone for new users
- Selecting new user feature release schedule
- Selecting communication preferences for your domain
- Adding your company’s logo
- Adding users individually and bulk uploading with a
- Logging in as an added user to verify the customization
Sign in to Google Workspace Admin Console
Visit admin.google.com or click Open Google Console in the upper-left panel and enter the username and password located in the connection details panel
Accept the Google Workspace via Reseller Agreement and Accept Terms of Service to accept the Supplemental Terms and Conditions For the Google Workspace Enterprise Plus free trial.
The Admin console opens.
Configure Your Organization’s Profile
In this section, you will customize the “G Suite Labs” organization profile page. Feel free to change the data or the name of the organization.
Customize your profile
- From the Admin console dashboard, click Account settings
- Click the Profile card.
- (Optional) Modify your Organization name to match your organization’s name. The Contact info section is where you provide the primary and secondary email addresses of your organization’s admin contacts.
- In the Support message section, enter a message users will see if they can’t sign in to their Google Workspace account. This message usually identifies who to contact or instructions if they forget their password. Click Save.
- Specify the Language users see for your Google services when they first sign into their managed Google account.
- In the Time zone section, choose the default time zone that applies to your organization. Click Save.
- Close the Profile card.
Add Your Organization’s Logo
- Click the Personalization card.
- Select Custom Logo, click Select file to upload, and then Upload to upload your organization’s logo.
- Click Save to save your settings.
- Close the Personalization card.
Add users individually
- From the Main menu (), click Directory > Users.
- Click Add new user.
- Type in a First and Last name, and add a valid Primary email.
- Scroll down and enable Automatically generate a password.
- Click Add New User.
- On the resulting panel, click the eye to show the password. Click Copy password to copy the password value.
Save the email and password for this user for later use to test new user access.
- Click Done.
- You will see our newly created user.
Batch add users from a CSV spreadsheet
- Return to the Users page.
- Click Bulk update users.
- Click Download blank CSV template. This will give you a blank CSV file to populate with a set of multiple users. Do not close this dialog box.
- Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet application like Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
- Add one or two new users. The following information is required:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address – for this lab you must use the same domain as your Qwiklabs student account.for this lab you must use this same lab domain (@xxx.com)as the Gsuite User listed first in the downloaded CSV file.
- Password – must meet format guidelines, the default requirement is 8 characters. For example, “12345678”.
- Org Unit Path – for this lab use a backslash (/).
- Save the updated file as a CSV file type.
- Upload the CSV file – click Attach CSV. The user list will now be imported. You can view progress by clicking the Tasks icon on the top right of the Users page.
- After a moment, refresh your browser to reload the User list. Your new users should appear.
Log In to Gmail to verify customization
- Open a new Incognito/Private browser tab. If you are already using Incognito/Private, use a different browser for these next steps.
- Visit a Google Workspace application, for example Gmail. Log in using the username and password you saved earlier.
- You will be presented with a Change Password dialog.
- Change the user’s password. If you try to use a password that is not secure enough, you will be asked to change it. Use a password such as “Testuser1” with a capital letter and a number.
- Once your password is accepted, you will be logged in and see your custom Google Workspace app as a new user.
This article opened my eyes, I can feel your mood, your thoughts, it seems very wonderful. I hope to see more articles like this. thanks for sharing.
Your article helped me a lot, is there any more related content? Thanks!