Login to your Github Account and get the URL of Repository
- Login to your github account and go inside the repository you wish to be copied to bitbucket
- Click on the drop down menu from code and copy the URL under HTTPS:
- In our case below is the URL we have copied:
Importing the repository into Bitbucket
- Login to your Bitbucket account.
- Click + in the global sidebar
- Select Repository under Import.
- Enter the URL( The URL we had earlier copied from Github Repository ) , and a Username/Password combination ( your github credentials) for private repositories that require authorization. Note: If your organization has configured a personal access token to retrieve the repository via your Git client or the command line, then you may need to use it in lieu of your username/password within the Bitbucket importer.
- Enter a Name for your new repository.
- If you want the repository to be public, uncheck This is a private repository.
- Press Import repository.
- Successful imports should show something like below:
- Once Import is successful, you will see your github repositiory imported into Bitbucket.
Congratulations !! You have successfully imported your Github repository into Bitbucket.